Saturday, 4 June 2016

Oil pulling with coconut oil


Anyone who personally knows me will know I recently had my implant contraception removed due to awful mood swings and an array of other side effects. Whilst researching about the implant and the effects it had on women's bodies I came across a website for oil pulling with coconut oil. I had never heard of it before EVER even though its apparently been around for years. I began reading about all the benefits of oil pulling and read loads and loads of reviews and decided I definitely need this in my life, I didn't come by a bad review or post there was only good things to say about coconut oil so I got myself a jar online which was only £2 and waited for it to be delivered to my house. It took about 2 days to arrive so in these 2 days I took to youtube where I found tutorials on how to do it properly. Every single woman who was doing these tutorials had amazingly white teeth & who doesn't want that from just spending £2 and its all Natural!

What is Oil Pulling?
It’s where you take a tablespoon of coconut oil & you swish it in your mouth [pulling between your teeth] for 20 minutes before spitting it out when you are done (into a bin) not down the sink as it blocks it up when dry. Brush your teeth and tongue well afterwards.

Coconut oil is antibacterial, antiviral, antimicrobial, & anti-fungal. These things are great for your oral health and many other things.

Image result for 10 day coconut oil pulling challenge]The benefits of oil pulling are..

- Whitens teeth
- Prevents cavities
- TMJ relief
- Soothes throat dryness
- Freshens breath
- Alleviates headache
- Strengthens teeth & gums
- Increases energy
- Draws out toxins
- Heals skin issues (acne)
- Aids hormonal changes
- Heals cracked lips
- Helps alleviate sinus congestion
- Helps detox the body

I've even read it can help cure hangovers. I mean,what doesn't coconut oil do and why isn't more widely advertised? oh yeah because it costs next to nothing... most teeth whitening bleaches and other things are so expensive yet sometimes don't work probably causing even more damage to your teeth. On the tutorials I was watching it was saying to do it in the morning but you can do it whenever and wherever you feel like.

My experience with coconut oil pulling

The first time I did it was when I was watching Emmerdale so in the evening 7pm GMT time. I opened the jar and was quite apprehensive about sticking a great blob of hard oil into my mouth. My first initial reaction! it was absolutely vile! it was hard and I had to swish it round my mouth until it all dissolved and actually after 10 seconds I couldn't taste anything because my mouth was kept shut. I didn't expect the texture or taste of it because its like nothing iv ever tasted before.

I set a timer of 20 minutes on my phone and went back to watching Emmerdale and before I knew it, it was time to spit it out, time went surprisingly quick because I had my mind on something else. So I spat it out into the bin and brushed my teeth and tongue thoroughly. My teeth felt amazing! squeaky clean infact! when I ran my tongue over my teeth they felt so so clean. 

I took a picture before my first try and couldn't see any changes in colour but it was only my first time doing it. I carried on doing this every single evening sometimes even twice a day for 7 days and I could notice so much difference in colour they were white and shiny! after about 10 days even my family and friends started to notice and asking me what I used to whiten my teeth, they couldn't believe it when I told them it was just natural coconut oil. I now only do it 2-3 times a week to keep it topped up.

Where did I buy my coconut oil from?
Ebay- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KTC-100-Pure-Coconut-Oil-Cooking-Hair-Skin-Care-Multipurpose-250ml-500ml-/151291649037?var=&hash=item2339af5c0d:m:mYKzTrmrLqd2UWgCAPItQcg

Since using this my skin has also been a lot clearer and barely any break outs. I had my implant removed so I don't know whether it was that or the help of coconut oil pulling that has helped my hormones to calm down but I can finally give an honest review and say this stuff is amazing and if you have heard of it before and was considering doing it I would recommend it 100%. If you can get over the initial taste as you put it in your mouth and just think of all the benefits it is doing for your body then this is the perfect thing for you.

I'm going to leave a few links below so you can do a bit of research and reading on it yourself if you like. I would love to hear from anyone that has tried it before or has decided to give it ago because of this blog post and update me on how it is working for you.


This blog post has a lot of regular questions asked and answers to them. very helpful


Youtube Tutorials how to..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds80USz13BM

I am not a medical professional. I am simply sharing an experience that worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment